Call for Posters & Demos
The ACRID 2017 conference seeks to bring together academics, researchers and industrialists across many disciplines, in particular those that are playing a significant role in Africa's Development. Most conferences on the continent have covered limited disciplines and this conference aims to rectify this by presenting an opportunity to share information, results and knowledge in a multidisciplinary approach: addressing and solving as many contentious issues as possible.
The ACRID 2017 Poster and Demo Track is a platform which allows stakeholders to present their research as well as their work in progress in a more informal setting. The Posters and Demos Track, on top of allowing participants from multidisciplinary backgrounds to present their work, will enable them to interact and exchange preliminary results of their researches, information pertaining the architectures, designs and implementations of their on-going or finished findings. This Posters and Demo Track platform, as assumed by its committee is a bridge to more and more silver linings inasmuch as Innovation, Science and Technology in Africa is concerned (leading researchers, industries and experts in various domains coming together to share and exchange information and thus possibly forming unions and lasting partnerships aimed at tackling many problems of relevance).The areas addressed by the Posters and Demos Track are the same as those to be presented in the main conference and they include, among others: Energy, Telecommunications, Mining, Agriculture, Building and Infrastructure, Manufacturing etc.
The topics to be covered include and are not limited to the following:
- Engineering: Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, Energy and Power Systems, Engineering Management, Mining Engineering.
- Agriculture: Organic farming, resource and environmental management, biodiversity, (urban) agricultural and forest management, fisheries and livestock, food, nutrition, bioeconomy, waste management, renewable energy, productive sanitation and related sciences in the context of rural development, climate change, hunger and poverty alleviation
- Communications and Computer Systems: Information Technology, Green Computing, Computational & Synthetic Biology, Computing for Development, Data Management, Programming Languages and Software Engineering, Robotics, Systems and Networking, Theory of Computation, Wireless and Sensor Systems, Using IT to reduce carbon emissions, Energy-aware computing.
To join the Posters and Demos Track, prospective authors are invited to submit a 2-3 pages abstract using LNICST format: LNICST style and template via EAI 'Confy' system at confy. Poster paper submissions must describe the research problem, contribution, and preliminary results. Demo paper submissions must describe the contribution to the state-of-the art, practical setup for the live demo, and technical requirements of the demo. Poster and demo papers will be peer-reviewed and will be selected on the basis of technical merit, novelty, and relevance to the mobile computing community. Accepted papers will be included in the ACRID proceedings, and authors will present their associated poster or live demo in an interactive session at the conference.
Authors of full papers accepted to the main conference track are encouraged to take advantage of the poster and demo session as an opportunity to foster further discussion and exposure for their work. Poster and demo paper submissions associated with an accepted full paper will undergo a fast-track peer review.
Please select ‘Posters & Demos’ Track when submitting your abstracts.
- Poster/Demo Abstracts Submission Deadline: 6 March 2017
- Poster/Demo Abstracts Acceptance Notification: 13 March 2017
- Poster/Demo Abstracts Camera Ready Deadline: 27 March 2017
Contact persons - ACRID Posters & Demos Chairs